- Bubblies, rosés, acid-driven whites, and delicate, quaffable reds
- Delivered to your door, 4 times per year
- Rare and avant-garde selections
- Seasonally inspired, thoughtfully curated
AVERAGE PRICE PER CASE: $250 – $300
10% DISCOUNT FOR 2 OR MORE CASES
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- receive a discerningly selected mixed case (12 bottles) of wine, 4 times per year
- conveniently delivered quarterly to your home in the Portland, OR area
- accompanied by our newsletter, describing each selection in detail
- with delivery included, this is an outstanding value
- re-order any wines from your seasonal selection, as long as supplies last
- invitations to exclusive virtual or live tastings
- Lambert de Seyssel “Petit Royal” Grand Vin Mousseux
Savoie, France / sparkling / $22
- Cleto Chiarli e Figli “Vecchia Modena Premium” Lambrusco di Sorbara Secco
Emilia Romagna, Italy / sparkling rosé / $16
- The Eyrie Vineyards Chasselas Doré
Willamette Valley, Oregon / white / $27
- Hidalgo “Las 30 del Cuadrado”
Jerez, Spain / white / $20
- Alto Cirrus “Passe Tout Grains” Pinot Gris/Pinot Noir
Columbia Gorge, Oregon / light red / $23
MEET THE TEAM
Fine wine experts Kristen Castagna and Katherine Cole share initials as well as deep industry connections. These two curators have joined forces to offer Kalon Wine Club, a quarterly wine curation service that reflects their love of refreshing, light, drinkable wines while also creating value for their Portland-area clients.
Kristen Castagna’s career in fine wine spans more than two decades. A certified sommelier, she has worked in restaurants, wineries, and wholesale, building nationwide professional contacts. Her areas of personal interest are grower Champagne, up-and-coming producers, and undervalued regions. A recovering cellist and former resident of Bordeaux, Kristen enjoys translating French poetry and baking.
Katherine Cole is the author of five books on wine and a recipient of James Beard and IACP awards. Her most recent books, Sparkling Wine Anytime and Rosé All Day, are celebrations of the world’s best rosé and sparkling wines. Katherine is a member of the Circle of Wine Writers and Les Dames d’Escoffier International. She is also an avid reader, skier, hiker, cyclist, and parent. Katherine’s and Kristen’s dogs are friends.
ka·lon: A moral and physical ideal of beauty, as defined by ancient Greek philosophers.